What is DropGifts?
DropGifts is a social gifting platform that enables friends to send each other gifts over Facebook. At DropGifts, gifts come in different shapes and sizes, whether it’s a product sample, a full-size product, or a gift card. Send a friend a free gift card for a retailer you love, a paid gift card for a retailer they love, or have a gift delivered straight to their door.
Do I have to have a Facebook account to use DropGifts?
Yes – DropGifts currently only works with Facebook.
Can I send a gift to a friend who doesn’t use Facebook?
I just “wished for” a gift – what do I do now?
Just sit back and wait. By wishing for a gift you notify your friends on Facebook that you would like to receive a particular gift featured during a gifting event.
DropGifts Gifting Events: How do they work?
From time to time, DropGifts will partner with fun brands to host online gifting events. To participate, just follow the steps below:
1. Visit the participating brand's Facebook Fan page and access the gifting event via their Facebook integrated tab or Use the link provided by the partner brand. Special events will not be available through DropGifts.com or through our mobile app.
2. Login with your Facebook account to load your friends list.
3. Once a friend is selected, you can customize a greeting just for them. Have fun with it! Write a personalized message, upload a photo, or pick from a selection of greeting cards.
4. Select a delivery method. DropGifts allows you to deliver your gift via Facebook and/or email (we recommend selecting both).
5. That’s it! You should receive delivery confirmation shortly.
A recommendation from the DropGifts Team: If you know there is an event coming up in which you would like to participate, we highly recommend logging in and making sure your friends list is fully loaded the day before the event. Doing so will greatly increase your chances of getting through during gifting events.
How do I redeem my gift?
1. Click on the link in your notification email or Facebook post.
2. You will be redirected to DropGifts to login with your Facebook account.
3. Click “Redeem Now”.
4. Redemption options:
Online Redemption: You will be provided with a promotional/discount code to enter at a merchant’s checkout.
In-store Redemption: Print out your coupon/gift card voucher and bring it to the store, where the cashier will process it.
By-mail Redemption: You will be prompted to enter your address. Please allow 3 to 6 weeks for your gift to arrive.
I keep getting a “Gateway Error” message, or DropGifts won’t load – what do I do?
DropGifts is not infallible, and sometimes we do go down during periods of very high traffic, especially during gifting events where thousands of users are trying to load their friends lists and/or claim gifts simultaneously. Please be patient. Our recommendation: shut down your browser completely, wait a few minutes, and try again.
P.S. – Our browser of choice is Google Chrome, but the latest version of Firefox is great too.
Why did the gift I sent not appear on my friend’s Facebook Timeline?
Some Facebook users have privacy measures in place that prevent third-party applications (like DropGifts) from posting anything to their Timeline. For this reason, we recommend that you always enter an email address in case delivery through Facebook fails.
Sometimes delivery of gifts can be delayed. This is usually due to a high volume of gifts being sent at once, especially during gifting events. Please be patient. In the event your friend does not receive either a Facebook or email notification, please refer to the next FAQ topic.
My friend never received notification of their gift. What should I do?
This usually happens because individual Facebook users have certain privacy settings enabled that prevent third-party applications (like DropGifts) from posting anything to their Facebook Timeline. Not to worry – your friend does not need to have received notification of their gift to redeem it. All they have to do is log on to www.dropgifts.com using the Facebook account you sent the gift to, and they will be able to redeem their gift from the “My Gifts” section of the website.
My Facebook friends list won’t load. What should I do?
Log out of DropGifts from ALL locations (computers, phones, tablets, etc.) and log back in from one location, preferably a computer. It wouldn’t hurt to log out of and back in to Facebook also while you’re at it!
I’ve tried logging out and back in, but my friends list still won’t load. What can I do now?
1. Shoot us an email with the subject line “Friends list won’t load” to email@example.com with your full name, Facebook profile URL, and Facebook ID (you can use this tool to find it: http://findmyfacebookid.com/). We kindly ask that you please wait to hear back from us, as we need to do a few things on our end before you go through the steps below. You can try them anyway if you want, but they probably won’t fix the issue by themselves.
2. Log out of DropGifts from ALL locations (computers, phones, tablets, etc.).
3. Uninstall the DropGifts app from your Facebook account: Click the gear icon at the top right corner of your profile page, and then click "Account Settings". On the left-hand side of your screen you should see an "Apps" menu option - click on it and hit the "x" to the right of the DropGifts entry.
4. Log out of Facebook from ALL locations
5. Restart your computer
6. Log in to Facebook
7. Sign in to DropGifts, and your friends list should load! If it doesn’t, please contact Facebook, as it might be a problem with your Facebook account.
I received an email confirmation for my gift but the state is missing in the email and I'm positive I filled it in.
No worries! We received your full shipping information - it is a temporary bug with our notification email that we're fixing as fast as we can.
I just realized that I entered my shipping information incorrectly – what can I do?!
While technically we will not be held responsible for incorrectly entered addresses, we want to give everyone the chance to receive their gifts! Please send us an email within 48 hours to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Incorrect address” and include the name of the gifting event, the name of the gift card and/or product, your full name, and your correct shipping information.
Please note that if a shipping list has already been processed and sent to an event’s sponsor, it is unlikely that DropGifts or the sponsor will be able to modify your address. (For more information about this policy, please refer to our Terms of Service.)
I received an error stating my Facebook account does not meet the minimum requirements for gift redemption – what does this mean?
Bummer! The minimum requirements to retrieve a gift vary depending on the gifting events’ sponsor and/or our contractual obligations with the brand or merchant, but this usually happens for any or all of the following three reasons:
1. The Facebook account in question does not have enough friends;
2. the account has not been active long enough;
3. the account’s content and/or network structure indicates it is used primarily for redeeming freebies and deals (we know this last one seems unfair to many users, but these sorts of accounts not only undermine the purpose and utility of DropGifts, but also violate Facebook’s Terms of Service).
How do I uninstall the DropGifts app?
Click the gear icon at the top right corner of your Facebook profile page, and then click "Account Settings". On the left-hand side of your screen you should see an "Apps" menu option - click on it and hit the "x" to the right of the DropGifts entry.
How can I keep up-to-date on the latest and greatest DropGifts events?
Check out our Facebook page regularly!
I received/retrieved a physical gift or product sample – how long will it take to arrive in the mail?
Delivery windows vary depending on the brand and gifting event, but usually between four and six weeks.
How long do I have to claim my gift?
Redemption windows vary by retailer and gifting event, but they’re usually 3, 7, 14, or 30 days from the exact time of receipt. To check, simply go to the “My Gifts” section of the DropGifts website and click on the gift you wish to know about – the expiration date will be posted at the bottom of the card on the left-hand side.
How do I unsubscribe from DropGifts-related communications or change my communication preferences?
Click here. Please note that changing your preferences in this panel does not remove you from partners’ newsletters. To be removed from a third-party newsletter, please use the enclosed unsubscribe link.
Can I use a mobile phone browser to use DropGifts?
We don’t recommend it, especially for gifting events. We’ve seen users have issues redeeming gifts through a mobile browser and then not be able to redeem their gifts at all later. (We’re working on this bug as fast as we can.) For standard gifts not through a gifting event, try our mobile apps for iPhone and Android!
Please remember that our mobile apps do not currently support participation in gifting events, and we highly recommend you participate in gifting events using a computer and not a mobile device.
I logged in for an event and all the gifts are gone.
Bummer! Unfortunately this will happen, but it’s a large part of the reason why our gifting events are so exciting and fun! Stay tuned to our Facebook page for upcoming events. We wish you the best of luck!